Position Overview: Installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of both Commercial Property and residential irrigation systems. To ensure the irrigation system is properly maintained and operating at peak efficiency.
- Install irrigation timers, piping, and valves.
- Troubleshoot and repair irrigation pipe and fittings, sprinkler heads.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical components and central irrigation control computers.
- Perform general and seasonal system maintenance. System start-ups, evaluation, and winterization.
- Test irrigation systems for the proper functioning of valves and timers; Record detailed inspections.
- Read diagrams and blueprints to layout and locate irrigation valves, timers, and wiring.
- Locate, excavate and repair or replace damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Responsible for the purchasing of repair parts, keeping an accurate inventory.
- Keep work vehicles and equipment clean and organized.
- Think critically to solve problems and complete repairs with minimal impact on lawn or landscape.
- Effectively assess water efficiency and make adjustments to quickly correct over or under-watering.
- Be proactive with diagnosing and repairing any irrigation issues.
- Complete daily paperwork as required by each job. Perform accurate and timely recordkeeping.
Perform such other activities as may be temporarily or permanently assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person will be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Create and update records ensuring the accuracy and validity of information
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
Some of the duties and responsibilities of a salesman are as follows:
- Conducting customer needs analysis and presenting the customer with possible solutions
- Understanding a product’s functionality and possible problems and figuring out a way to handle them
- Determining the best products to meet the requirements of a customer
- Assisting the sales department
- Providing technical expertise on products and/or service
- Taking part in exhibitions, conventions and other events to help in the sales of products and/or service
- Train colleagues and sales personnel on basic technical aspects of a product and/or service
- Have in-depth technical knowledge about the products, their working, and their pros and cons
- Sending technical specification to potential buyers along with the sales quotes
- Revising and improving technical manuals
The critical component to the team that allows each of the other crew members to accomplish each of their designated functions.
- This position requires some occasional heavy lifting and a lot of shovel work to aid in the backfill of the trench work.
- The main idea of this position is to help the sprinkler install crew get their job done in a quick and efficient manner.
- Keep jobsite free of debris and clean
- Aid crew members with the gathering of parts and materials for each job function
- Be willing to help at all times